Thursday, November 29, 2012

DAD VISITS SPAIN !!!!

IT'S REAL. HE WAS HERE. PICTURES BELOW FOR PROOF. 
Sunday morning Carmen and Angel drove me to the airport and anxiously awaited his on-time arrival. We had lunch with them and then headed for the hotel. 
Since I had class this week, and it happened to be my busiest week yet, dad had to fend for himself most of the time.
Monday he climbed the castle and wandered around Alicante.

Tuesday I skipped class (hehe) and we went to the city of Murcia! It's a short trip, about an hour bus ride full of beautiful mountains. We went to a small museum about holy week, ate lunch in the plaza, and wandered around all day. 


I think dad just explored Alicante on Wednesday. For dinner we had tapas (with Martha, of course)! 
And this morning I sent him on his way back to the states. A short, but packed trip. So glad he could make it and fill me up with family time to hold me over until I get home ;). 

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how special and wonderful for you. It is amazing that you spent this time together. I am sure he is amazed at your abilities and growth and independence. It looks like a very special time that the two of you will cherish forever. I am happy for you. Hold it close. I love you, honey. Counting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola Julia,
    Back to the real life here in the states. Was such a wonderful experience to be there and spend the time that we had together! You sre such a lucky girl to have the opportunity to live and mingle with the great people that you are. Memories for a lifetime! Enjoy your last few days. You know that everyone here is anxiously awaiting your return! I'm going to take the remaining jerky to Chicago this weekend but I'll make more soon so you can reindulge when you get back.
    Me lo pase muy bein! Gracias por todo. Hasta pronto.
    Te amo,
    padre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Julia...My apologies for such a long interval since my last contact with you. It was so cool to see you on the computer on Thanksgiving. You and Martha seemed quite relaxed and comfortable. Your mom was right, your food table didn't look much different than what was at uncle Jim's, although, I hope you didn't have oyster dressing like he did. Yuk! I hope the above pictures of your dad and you are indicative of an enjoyable visit. I'm looking forward to being around you...looking at pictures and hearing first hand, some of your adventures.
    Continue to have fun and be safe...miss and love you.

















































    ReplyDelete