Friday, August 31, 2012

Hola Familia!! Lots has happened since I last posted.
   I've been all over Madrid on a walking tour, seeing the Prado Museum and the Royal Palace. Eating tapas, drinking sangria, and walking the plazas.
   Today we went to Segovia, just about an hour from Madrid. We walked through the winding streets, went to a medieval castle, and yet again ate outside. I have pictures, but it is 1:30am here and I have to be up in a short while, so I will post those tomorrow afternoon hopefully.
   I've made some pretty good friends here, two of which will be continuing on to Alicante with me, both doing homestays. Also, both really advanced in the language. I know this will be and is a blessing, but it's also really difficult. As some of you may know, (haha) I'm used to being in charge, not relying on other people. Both of my friends are really sweet and considerate, but I'm still struggling with getting used to this.
   I almost forgot, this afternoon we went to another art museum and saw a ton of Picasso! So impressed. Everything here is incredible.

    Tomorrow is our last day in Madrid, and then Sunday we bus out to Alicante to meet our families. Hope you are all keeping the states in shape!!!
<333

2 comments:

  1. Julia, Gulia. How good to hear about your day! Am so glad you are enjoying this mini-vacation you are having. Can't wait to see the pictures! When you have time. Sleep is definitely more important!
    Rely on those new friends and their mastery of the language.... you know you will have an opportunity to assist them in some unseen ways in the future. The opportunity will present intself and you will offer a "payback". Just be yourself and you will be fine.
    Know you go to Toledo tomorrow and will be anxious to learn about it. Live it up! School starts soon! Love you so much. Know you are doing this all just the right way. I can tell! God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ju Ju Ju. What an amazing place you have chosen to alight in! Please continue to keep us all informed as to your day to day experiences as i'm sure they are constantly changing. I love you and hope you are enjoying your days in espana

    ReplyDelete